Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:06:41 — 68.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More
Doug & Cristie Martine share highlights and wisdom from dating and marriage, to Doug’s transition from climbing the corporate ladder, to starting a construction management company.
- 2:57 Met at Texas A&M (whoop!), dating, early marriage
- 10:30 Cristie’s eating disorder
- 17:33 Held in God’s Hand
- 18:51 What did the future look like regarding work or purpose?
- 19:41 Doug’s early goals
- 21:04 Cristie’s early career
- 22:06 And baby makes 3
- 23:07 Doug’s transition
- 24:00 Questions the status quo
- 27:11 Finally made the leap, and international adoption
- 29:16 Ups and downs, net gain
- 30:27 Faith journey
- 31:13 Diversification
- 31:39 Crossing the river, one stone at a time
- 34:49 How did the ups & downs impact your marriage?
- 36:15 Timing is never perfect for entrepreneurs
- 44:12 Most important question to ask your spouse before taking the entrepreneur leap
- 45:04 Is your spouse a raving fan?
- 46:09 Team Martine. How much do you talk about business at home?
- 49:08 Great marriages don’t just happen. What do you do to deepen intimacy, fun, and friendship?
- 51:39 Date nights
- 53:15 Putting each other first
- 56:00 Finding cracks in time to make family a priority
- 57:32 What do you know now in business or marriage that you wish you’d known earlier?
- 57:44 Perseverance–everything takes longer than you think it will
- 59:39 No overnight success
- 1:00:41 Celebrate the small things
- 1:02:05 Dave Ramsey, preparing for financial things unforeseen
For a complete transcript, click here.